Search This Blog

Monday, November 24


Amour

I love the smell of Fevicol, fresh and white when the lid is opened. Thats why I sit near the door close to the carpenter who uses it lavishly on his work.

Phenyl, is another fragrance that I love, and so, when she wipes the floor, I tend to put my feet up and take in the clean smell and smile at her :)

The unmistakable fresh smell of wet mud, soil parched from the scorch and heat of summer, thrilled at the joy of rain, wetting it and wetting our minds with happiness emanating through cantible fragrance. I like to stand on the porch mooning over the patter of water and breathing in on the freshness

When in kitchen my sense of smell is again delirious with many many things, however the time when I add garlic to oil, I know I am more alive in that moment.

And then again, the most gratifying smell in the world is to wash your face with soap and water, and with closed eyes grope for the towel and find it starched and ironed and smelling surf :) Thanks Amma

In the night when I walk in late, tired in my bones and all I see is my bed, its the inviting blanket and my bed that beckons. The familiar smell of my blanket once I slip into it, gives instant comfort and welcomes me into that peaceful sleep

Some of the most amorous aromas that I can never forget are:
  • Ma
  • Jaggery in her mouth
  • Dads old files
  • The kerosene stove
  • Hakka Noodles - The smoky Wok
  • Pears - The Soap
  • Fresh, Red Apple
  • Juicy Mango
  • His fur
  • That Old Trunk
  • Gas
  • Coriander leaves
  • Eucalyptus
  • Chana (chick pea)
  • Night queen - Raat ki rani
  • Broken milk for cottage cheese (process of making paneer)
  • Babies!!Johnson & Johnson minus poop :)?
  • Old Rupee notes
  • After bath smell of the bathroom
  • Fresh warm clothes - ironed by the coal Iron (Istri)
  • Him
  • kolapuri Chappals
  • Felt tip pen
  • Coffee!! ummmmm
  • developing studio
  • kangdi

No comments: