Search This Blog

Friday, February 1

Swooping Malls and Whopping Walls.

Sounds inviting … what is it about the activity - shopping? Some would say that shopping is an amazing stress buster! Some may say it is something that rejuvenates them, for some it might be the time to socialize while for quite a few of us its the time to let your hair loose, grab your wallet and zoom to the place where you find it all – the mall.

For me shopping at a mall entails a whole day outing! A family picnic or ‘freak-out’ time with my friends. Whatever the reason might be, I know that at the end of the day even though each and every nerve in my leg and head might be ready to burst… I am satisfied.

During the first days of college when I was a fresher, most of the time had money enough just to travel by bus and time enough (through strategic bunking) to visit a mall almost every second day! and I did.

Music, AC, Perfumes, glitter, clothing, accessories, shoes, and all the hullabaloo was inviting-. What more? All we had to do is whisper the word ‘sale’ the next moment you wouldn’t even catch a shadow of us.

The best times were near the changing room, after rummaging through all the stuff we would head towards them and there it would begin… the shrieks and laughter, the giggles and the muffled cries of ‘oops this doesn’t fit me’ or ‘whoa! You look stunning’ andd more laughter!

Now a days, I do go to the mall… but not to window shop and freak out any more… I go to buy the things I want to and head home but the memories linger, making me smile with each step I take – with alert eyes and my shoes in place I walk on with the throng of the crowd, hop on to the escalator …


I see there’s still more.

No comments: